From online gaming to social media apps, if your child enjoys the internet it’s important you know how to protect them. You need to support them to make safe choices about what they are viewing, and what information they share about themselves online.
Signs that a child or young person may be being groomed or exploited online include:
- talking about older or new friends they have met online
- talking about gifts or money they’ve received online
- becoming withdrawn or secretive
- receiving large numbers of calls or messages
- anxiety about being away from their phone
There is lots of information on-line that you can read and go through with your children to help keep them safe.